This is how our kids spent the majority of the trip out to Boston. Mainly because we drove straight for 36 hours with only gas fill-ups and potty breaks. They didn't see much excitement once we did stop because we all just crashed as soon as our heads hit the pillows. I for one was jealous of all the sleepers, because I had contacts, makeup, and such fun to deal with. A bed was wonderful to enjoy.
One thing we learned about the trip out was that it cost a LOT more money than we had expected to keep gas in that truck. We flew through about $2000 on gas and tolls. Thus why we made the decision to have them move our stuff for us (no one told us it would take 4 times as long as us and not be professionally run), but we wouldn't have to pay all that extra money on top of renting a truck again.
This is the front of our condo unit. It was run down, very dirty and nothing worked when we got there. The kitchen facet barely gave a stream, none of the other appliances worked, and everything else had something wrong with it too. All in all, it wasn't the best place we have lived by far. The best feature was the neighbor kids that the kids got to play with and pass the time of day. They all really enjoyed the time they had together.
We are all so glad to be back in Arizona, where it may be hot, but we are all at home. Now if I can just get my furniture into the house and start getting organized.....I can look for a job, look for a house and enjoy our new/old home.
BTW the new place is great, although 4 kids make for a lot of noise for our downstairs neighbors. Hopefully my kids grow quiet feet or we find a house soon. Thanks again for all your interest and help.
3 comments:
*hug* Oh, I love you! Good luck with everything, my dear!
We're glad you made it back safe and sound to AZ. Now tell Paul that I said he has to go back to the oral surgery program, he promised my kids free wisdom teeth removal!
Mary, I'm just catching up on your blog & life. Wow!!! We're sad you're not here, but so glad that you're where you are happy. Keep in touch!
beantown.menzie.org
rebecca@menzie.org
Post a Comment